Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trapped

I think I've discovered something quite profound about myself this evening! I feel like I am a 50 year old woman trapped in a 30 year old body. All I really want to be doing is staying at home, watching a movie, cooking dinner, playing cards or simply discussing events of the day with a significant other. Instead, I'm forced to go on awkward first dates that may or may not move on to a second, or perhaps a third if I'm lucky! This is where a critical, slightly jaded and snide remark could be inserted, but I'll choose to take the high road!

I wonder what my life would be like if my best friend or family member took me aside, blindfolded me, put a wedding dress on me and sent me down the aisle to wed Mr. Unknown. Instead of having an awkward first date, it would just be an awkward first year. It might provide for some really good blogs, at the very least. But I wonder if I'd feel trapped in that situation, too! Hmm...

On a side note, next Monday begins a new adventure in my life in the form of indoor soccer! I've joined a winter indoor women's soccer league! Next up? Spring co-ed kickball (no lie)!

No comments: