Sunday, January 13, 2008

Uninvited

I thought I was going to have something so great to post about today, but as it turns out, I don't! I thought I was going to have this great--yet somewhat exhausting day (I'll explain later) out at Texas Stadium watching the Dallas Cowboys hopefully beat the New York Giants. But instead, I'm forced to watch in my own home!

It all started when my friend, Mike (the Saturn guy,) asked me if I was interested in going to the Cowboys game. I assured him that I was, but monetarily speaking, it wouldn't be a good choice. So he dropped the subject and then called me yesterday and said he was bidding on tickets and wanted me to go as his guest! I quickly accepted. However I did have some reservations because his friends like to tailgate ALL day! They wanted to get there at 10:00 and then after the game go to the bar at the stadium and party some more! But--I didn't let him know my reservations!

When he called to inform me that he got the tickets I responded with excitement and asked him what the plan was. He told me that he would come pick me up at 8:45, where we would go pick up everyone else! Well, I am training again and I told him that I needed to run in the morning and that I would take an hour to run at 6:45 AM. Plenty of time to get ready, right? Well, our conversation was cut short because I arrived at my destination where he told me to call him when I left.

When I did leave, there was a text message that read "I thought you would be a little more excited to go to a Cowboys home playoff game..Your jog sounds like it was more important, so plan on jogging..."

I then responded that that was crazy. He then said, "Well...I guess I felt that you didn't want to go, so I don't want to go with you. Call me crazy but we shouldn't go together." A couple of more texts were exchanged, but essentially I was uninvited due to a misinterpretation of something I said. Keep in mind that the whole time we were texting, I was trying to call him and he wouldn't answer the phone.

This guy is so manic and I have dealt with his depression, but I really wasn't prepared for this at all! So this morning I woke up and texted him and said "Am I still uninvited?" to which there was no response! What a baby! I'm done with Mike the Saturn guy (who I was not dating anyway).

4 comments:

Jodi said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! That has to be the worst story I've heard for awhile. I hope Mike, the Saturn guy, had a wonderful eight hours feeling guilty, rather than enjoying the game. I'd like to say more about him, but feel that I should restrain myself since others may read this... so just know that you have my utmost sympathy. Really, I'm just shaking my head here...

Jodi said...

What are you training for, anyway?

Marci's Musings said...

Thanks Jodi. I'm doing another half in April.

Jodi said...

Good for you, Marci. Did I mention my brother is running the London marathon in April? His first time with anything like this. I'm pretty proud of him.