Friday, June 20, 2008

I Think I Could Do Better "Then" That

I must be on a word kick lately!

One of my biggest pet peeves is when published words are misused when they should have been edited. There are two popular songs I hear on a regular basis that drive me crazy every time I hear them! The first is the song by Carrie Underwood called Before He Cheats. The lyrics say "I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl. Cause the next time that he cheats, you know it won't be on me." I can't listen to this song without thinking about this line! Carrie, I love you but, he won't cheat on you if you're not with him anymore!! However, he might cheat with you if you are not with him.*

Next we have the new Taylor Swift song, Our Song. The lyrics are "our song is the slamming screen door, sneakin' out late, tapping on your window. When we're on the phone and you talk real slow cause it's late and your mama don't know." Okay Tay Tay, I know you're young, but I'm not sure how talking "real slow" is going to keep your mama from hearing you on the phone. Perhaps talking real low might help, however!*

*The lyrics used in this post do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of the author. Kids--cheating is wrong and you shouldn't ever sneak out of your parents house late at night---or anytime, for that matter.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh Marci, you're hilarious! I agree with you whole-heartedly... maybe it's an American Idol thing.