- Senators Barack Obama and John McCain will be the presidential nominees
- China was hit with the 19th largest earthquake (8.0) of all time where over 69,000 people were killed
- The Mavericks have lost in the playoffs...again
- The Baylor Bears played in their first post season NCAA Tournament in a few decades
- Two great political analysts have died in Tim Russert and Tony Snow
- The 4000th death of military personnel has taken place in Iraq
- The polar bear is now an endangered species
- California has banned transfats in restaurants and New York is requiring nutritional information to be posted in all restuarants
- Roger Federer has been defeated in two consecutive Grand Slam Championships by Rafa Nadal
On a personal note - I have broken a bone and it has healed (mostly)
- My brother and 4 of his children have all turned a year older
- My parents have begun their final term in HK
I could go on and on! But the fact of the matter is my countdown is almost over until my beloved returns! In just 4 days football season officially begins with the Hall of Fame football game! I have to admit the sports geek in me has already been plotting my draft day strategy for our upcoming fantasy football league. In eager anticipation I've been perusing the sports sites to find out what others are planning. Will they go the RB-RB-RB route or RB-WR? What's a girl to do? For now, I'm going to go to bed in anticipation of what a new season will bring!
1 comment:
FOOTBALL!!!!!! Bring it on!
Post a Comment