Saturday, August 09, 2008

Just Another Day at the Grocery Store

The other night I had to stop by the grocery store and pick up a few things. All I needed was Kashi Crunch, skim milk, bananas and diet coke. But I couldn't pass up a slice of chocolate cake that looked so good from the bakery. I know, it's quite sinful, but sometimes a girl has gotta get her chocolate fix!

I certainly didn't feel great about it, but just couldn't put it back! So as I'm trying to pay and get out of there, the young, male cashier says to me, "I hope you enjoy your milk and chocolate cake, but you can make up for it with your organic cereal!" In shock--and a little bit of insecurity --I said, "yes, I'm very healthy."

I suppose if the cashier's job is to call out the item as he/she scans it, it just might be a good diet program for me (sounds like a best seller to me). That was embarrassing! Let me honor my right to eat whatever I want in private, please! That is no way to treat a lady!

No comments: