Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm back!

Hello friends,

It has been a while, but here I am again. In 2010 I had 2 goals: a)buy a car; and b)buy a house. I didn't realize that the two would be so close together. I bought my car in Februray and my house in April.

It's hard to believe that I have entered a world of figuring out how and when I'm going to water the lawn, mow the lawn, plant flowers, kill weeds, and many other things that come with home ownership. I suppose I always figured buying a house is something that you do when you are married. Clearly, that is not happening anytime soon, so I figured now was as good a time as any. There are times when I need help from my friends who know what they're doing, like fix a leaky faucet (who knew teflon was such a great invention), install ceiling fans, hook up a washer and a dryer, and paint. Thankfully, I have learned to put away my pride and ask for help when needed. Yes, even in buying a home, God is growing me.

Now that it has been 3 months, I will finally post some pictures of my home. Sadly, I think they are all pre-moved in, though. So, maybe I'll add some more at a later date.













Not really sure why I don't have a picture of the front of my house, but picture a brick house (I know that's hard to do in North Texas) with white siding and a brick planter in front of a concrete porch. :)

The red kitchen and dining area is my favorite part of the house. Thank you, Jaime, for helping me paint. Believe me when I say it was a bear to paint above the white cabinets!

Much love,
Marci

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Love, love, LOVE the red walls!